Chances are you need a record player stand to display your record player, amplifier, records, and other equipment. The best solution is getting your hands on a stand, table, cabinet, or media console.
When it comes to choosing the best turntable stand, there are some things to keep in mind. You want to give your records the recognition they deserve, protect them at the same time & have the best music experience possible.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with a list of some the best record player stands for 2019. Let’s dive right in!
Record player stand and tables collection
Line Phono Turntable Station
The Line Phono Turntable Station is a unique and simplistic modern piece of record player furniture. It has been described as the brainchild of “Turntable Experts” & “World Class Architects.” Since creating this guide in 2017, it has become one of the most famous names in the record player stands market.
This product’s functional and quality design with simple assembly make it many’s favorite turntable stand. It contains four levels with the top two tiers allocated for amplifiers and turntables designed to fit most systems.
The bottom two levels are mostly for storing vinyl records, each with a capacity to host approximately 100 records (200 in total).
- It is built with MDF (speckling and color variation based look) and does not paint.
- Line Phono comes in two colors: carbon (charcoal black) and Birch (light brown)
- Shelving height can be adjusted
- It has a hook for headphones and multiple cable holes.
- Makes storing lots of records and equipment effortless without taking up a lot of space
- Can store 200 records in total
Darla’s Studio 66 Vintage Turntable Stand
This furniture piece is from Darla’s Studio and is one of the most affordable handmade items on our list. The record stand follows a simple design and almost looks like two crates added on top of each other to make a vinyl storage unit. It’s great for a small to a medium sized record collector or even someone looking for a small stand on a budget.
- Made of wood
- Can display about 60 vinyl records per shelf (120 in total).
- It comes in a medium brown stain and also in dark brown/black.
- Great for someone on a budget
RMP Industrial Unit
The RPM Industrial Design unit is sturdy, durable, and comes standard with two shelves. Although it’s not a design record collectors might be familiar with, it has become a popular choice. Initially, it was created as a side table for a bedroom. However, there is no reason why you can’t use it for your vinyl collection: vinyl below and turntable up top.
- Made from metal
- Very durable and sturdy
- It comes in many colors: bright blue, orange, light gray, white, and black
Nexera 101012 Jasper Audio Tower
The Nexera Audio Tower turntable stand is an affordable multipurpose audio equipment piece. It provides a right amount of storage space, and since the shelves are adjustable, you can slightly tweak it to fit your specific needs. Manufacturers make it in Canada and from particle board and MDF. The Nexera is yet another excellent option for someone starting out or with a low budget.
- Made in Canada from particle board and MDF
- Shelves are adjustable
- Suitable for someone on a budget
- Comes in 4 different color variations: American Beech, Biscotti and Black, Moka & Black, and Truffle.
Design 59 Inc Mid-Century Hardwood Turntable Table
This piece from Design 59 Inc is affordable, classy, stylish, and compact. Sometimes you want something small, affordable and maybe even temporary. The record player stand was designed in a typical Mid-Century Modern fashion crafted with beautiful Acacia wood. What more do you want if you’ve got a turntable and a few records to play?
- Made from Acacia wood
- Mid-Century Modern design
- Small, affordable and great for someone just starting out
The Novogratz Concord is a retro piece of furniture great for using as a stand. The mid-century modern design looks fantastic with a few records and turntable on it. The four lower compartments are specially made to store albums. The Novogratz offers excellent value for money together with a lot of styles.
- Made from particle board and MDF
- Stylish Mid-Century Modern design
- Comes with black metal hairpin legs
- Another affordable piece good for someone on a budget with a small record collection
- It comes in brown, white, and double compartments.
Crosley Manchester Entertainment Center
The Crosley Manchester Entertainment Center is perfect as an entry-level record player stand. The design contains a mix of simplicity, retro and modern elements. The bottom level is for record storage (averaging 50 records). The wired slots prevent albums from falling out of the sides and makes sorting easier. The top level is a simple table top for displaying a turntable.
- Made from wood and wired record shelving
- Comes in one color: Paprika (a combination of brown and red)
- It can store 50 records
- Offers excellent value for money and can comfortably fit into almost any room design.
Winsome Multipurpose Wooden Shelf
The Winsome Shelf is the most straightforward and least unique item we have on this list. However, on Amazon, it has almost too many reviews to count. It has two shelving options and three levels for storing audio equipment. Traditionally the Winsome is not build with audiophiles in mind. However, it does seem possible to accommodate a turntable, amplifier and a few vinyl records.
- Made from wood with a straightforward design
- It’s an affordable option for money on a tight budget
- It comes only in one color
Crosley Brooklyn Turntable Stand
The Crosley Brooklyn is a fusion of metal and wood (pine) materials to create a modern industrial look. Facing the front, you can see the black Crosley logo that matches the black metal legs and frame.
It only contains one level of audio equipment storage space with an area specifically designed for vinyl at the back of the item (separated by a wooden block). You can also find a small area underneath the unit for a speaker.
- Made from a combination of wood and metal
- Has a unique branded design
- Is open and allows for easy access to records
- It comes with additional storage space for speakers and records
- Only available in one color scheme
Handmade Record Player Table Stand from Wicker Wood Works
A custom colored handcrafted record player table build for your collection is fantastic! If you have a bit more money to spend and love a vintage looking handmade furniture, this Wicker Wood Works stand will suit you well. This unit offers excellent functionality, lots of storage space (175 records) and many design and color options, which makes it one of a kind!
- Handcrafted and made from wood
- It has three levels with the bottom being allocated mostly to vinyl and the 2nd and 3rd levels a combination of space for records and audio equipment.
- You can choose from 5 different wood finishes: vintage blue, dark walnut, red mahogany, ebony, and gold oak
- It can store up to 175 vinyl records
DK Vinyl Displays Custom Record Player Stand
If you want an entirely customizable product, take a look at the DK Vinyl Displays stand. The designer works directly with you to create a product with the color scheme and paint you want. The product itself is environment-friendly and made from high quality recycled commercial grade MDF.
The design consists of a triangular shaped frame with two levels with the lower level for displaying records. The top level can display a turntable and will fit most devices. It even has handcrafted side panels to prevent them from falling out and can store up to 400 records. Alternatively, this level can also be used as an additional record storage space.
- Product designer works with you to the color scheme you want
- Environment-friendly product made from commercial grade MDF
- It can store 400 records
- Has a unique design and offers many other record player furniture products
Record player cabinet collection
Crosley Everett Record Player Cabinet
The Crosley Everett record player cabinet is a beautiful Mid Century Modern piece. It’s a small and compact unit with a lot of class and can even hold up to 75 albums. With the Crosley Everett, you can expect all your records neatly tucked away behind the cabinet door with your turntable on top. Some record collectors like the simple option where your records aren’t visible to the outside world.
- Made from wood with a beautiful Mid Century Modern design
- Can hold up to 75 records
- Your records are protected from outside elements such as dust
- Comes in only one color
- It’s available in a larger size called the Pemberly Row record player console
I Love Living Clifford Retro Unit
The “Clifford” retro unit is a moderately priced and fantastic looking record player stand or cabinet with lots of storage. It’s a mid-century modern furniture design with a dual purpose. Not only is it meant for a music collector but also has room for everyday items such as books and ornaments. There is space for your record collection in the sliding door area below. You can put the turntable on top.
- Made from birch veneer (brown) and scratch resistant metal legs.
- Multi-purpose unit not only for a record collection but everyday items
- Stylish modern design
- It has enough space for records, a record player and more
Nexera Pinnacle Audio Tower
The Nexera 1-door audio tower a simple design elegant piece of furniture available in cherry and black. It’s a great contender in the lower end of the price range for the record player cabinet section (similar range as the Crosley Bardstown below). You might need to get a bit creative and remove one of the shelves to fit your vinyl collection.
- Made from MDF and particle board
- It comes in two colors: cherry and black
- It’s small, compact, stylish and affordable
Crosley Bardstown Entertainment Turntable Cabinet
The Crosley Entertainment Cabinet is a straightforward and functional product. It’s made out of wood veneer, has a beautiful glass cabinet door, and is priced very reasonably. It comes standard with three levels of storage. The bottom tier is for displaying vinyl records while the top smaller section for CD storage.
The top area, as with a record player cabinet, is for turntable display. The design might seem bland but will be easy to match with other furniture items in a room.
- Made from wood veneer and has a glass cabinet door
- Comes in three colors: Cherry, Paprika, and Black
- Suitable for low budgets and small record collections
Record player console collection
Simpli Home Draper Mid Century Low TV Media Stand & Record Player Console
Simpli Home offers a range of quality furniture with expert build functionality and modern design often matched with classic tapered legs typifying the 1950’s / 60’s retro era. This product is not explicitly designed as a record player stand. However, as a media stand, it does offer many features a vinyl collector would need.
It comes in 3 different sizes and designs, respectively, the “low,” “medium,” and “tall.” With each separate unit, the price and height differ as well as the door and cabinet arrangement. Each version has multiple holes for cables, room for a standardly sized turntable and a vinyl collection. Shelves are adjustable and can be customized.
- Made from solid rubberwood
- Awesome 1950’s/1960’s retro design
- It comes in one color only, Auburn brown, dark wood finish
- There are three variations of sizes and designs
- Comes with adjustable shelves
Turntable furniture defined
Let’s quickly clarify the difference between stands, tables, cabinets, and consoles so that there is no confusion. Most of these furniture pieces serve the same purpose but provide different functionality. People often refer to each of these as the same thing when they are slightly different.
Record player stand and table: Stands and tables are similar and mostly made of wood. Furniture in this category is open as you can see what is placed on different storage levels.
Record player cabinet: These items tend to be large but can vary in size. They can differentiate themselves from stands with the addition of drawers, doors, and often with the option to conceal what is inside.
Record player media console: These items tend to be big entertainment pieces to store all your music equipment and can even come with built-in speakers. Media consoles were trendy in the 1950s and were the centerpiece of every bachelor pad.
Here is some inspiration for those considering to follow the DIY route:
With so many record player stands available on the market, it can be hard to find what you need. We know and understand every budget is different, and that’s why we added items from under $100 up to over $1000.
Remember to check dimensions of the equipment you own before buying and check product dimensions. Also, see more similar guides on our home page.