Chances are you need a record player stand and storage to display your turntable, records, and other equipment. The best solution is getting your hands on a stand, table, cabinet, or media console. Give your records the recognition they deserve while protecting them and having an awesome music experience. Here you’ll find a list of some of the best stands for record players in 2020!
We hope you enjoy our product recommendations! Premier Records may earn a share of the sales generated from links on this page.
Record player stands and tables collection
Line Phono Turntable Station
The Line Phono Turntable Station stand is a unique and simplistic modern piece of record player furniture. Since creating this guide in 2017, it has become very popular. It’s many’s favorite turntable stand because of the functional and quality design and simple assembly.
It contains four levels with the top two tiers allocated for amplifiers and turntables created to fit most systems. The bottom two levels are mostly for storing vinyl records, each with a capacity to host approximately 100 records (200 in total).
- Line Phono comes in carbon (charcoal) and Birch (light brown)
- Shelving height can be adjusted
- Makes storing lots of records and equipment effortless without taking up a lot of space
- Can store 200 records in total
Darla’s Studio 66 Turntable Stand
This record player stand from Darla’s Studio and is one of the most affordable handmade items on our list. The wooden record stand follows a simple design and almost looks like two crates added on top of each other to make a vinyl record storage unit. It’s great for a small to a medium-sized record collector or even someone looking for a small stand on a budget.
- It can display about 60 vinyl records per shelf (120 in total).
- It comes in a medium brown stain and also in dark brown/black.
- Great for someone on a budget
Nexera 101012 Jasper Audio Tower
The Nexera Audio Tower turntable stand with storage is an affordable multipurpose audio equipment piece. It provides the right amount of space, and since the shelves are adjustable, you can slightly tweak it to fit your specific needs. Manufacturers make it in Canada and from particleboard and MDF. The Nexera is yet another excellent option for someone starting out or with a low budget.
- Made in Canada from particleboard and MDF
- Shelves are adjustable
- Suitable for someone on a budget
- It comes in 4 different color variations: American Beech, Biscotti, Moka, and Truffle.
Design 59 Inc Mid-Century Hardwood Turntable Table
This piece from Design 59 Inc is an affordable, classy, stylish, and compact stand with a vintage feel. Sometimes you want something small, affordable, and maybe even temporary. The record player stand was designed in a typical Mid-Century Modern fashion crafted with beautiful Acacia wood. What more do you want if you’ve got a turntable and a few records to play?
- Made from solid Acacia wood with a modern design
- Small, affordable and great for someone just starting out
The Novogratz Concord is a retro piece of furniture great for use as a stand. The mid-century modern design looks fantastic with a few records and turntable on it. The four lower compartments are specially made to store albums. The Novogratz offers excellent value for money together with a lot of styles.
- Stylish Mid-Century Modern design
- Comes with metal hairpin legs
- Affordable and good for someone on a budget with a small record collection
- It comes in brown, white, and double compartments.
The Manchester Entertainment Center record player stand is perfect as an entry-level piece. The design contains a mix of simplicity, and modern elements for easy living. The bottom level is for record storage (averaging 50 records). The wire slots prevent albums from falling out of the sides and make sorting easier. The top-level is a simple tabletop for displaying a turntable.
- Made from wood and wired record shelving
- Comes in Paprika (a combination of brown and red)
- It can store 50 records
- It offers excellent value for money and can comfortably fit into almost any room design.
Winsome Wooden Shelf
The Winsome Shelf is the most straightforward and least unique item we have in the guide. It has two shelving options and three levels for storing audio equipment. Traditionally the Winsome is not build with audiophiles in mind. However, it does seem possible to accommodate a turntable, amplifier, and more.
- Made from wood with a straightforward design
- It’s an affordable option for money on a tight budget
- It comes only in one color
The Brooklyn record player stand is a fusion of metal and wood (pine) materials to create a modern industrial look. Facing the front, you can see the Crosley logo that matches the metal legs and frame. It only contains one level of audio equipment storage space with an area specifically designed for vinyl at the back of the item (separated by a wooden block). You can also find a small area underneath the unit for a speaker.
- Made from a combination of wood and metal
- Has a unique branded design
- Allows for easy access to records
- It comes with additional storage space for speakers and records
Wicker Wood Works Handmade Record Player Table Stand
A custom-colored handcrafted record player table build for your collection is fantastic! If you have a bit more money to spend and love a rustic looking handmade furniture, this Wicker Wood Works piece will suit you well. This unit offers excellent functionality, lots of storage space (175 records), and many design options, which makes it one of a kind!
- Handcrafted stand made from wood
- It has three levels, the bottom for records, the 2nd and 3rd levels for more records, and audio equipment.
- You can choose from 5 different wood finishes: vintage blue, dark walnut, red mahogany, ebony, and gold oak
- It can store up to 175 vinyl records
DK Vinyl Displays Custom Record Player Stand with storage
If you want an entirely customizable product, take a look at the DK Vinyl Displays stand. The designer works directly with you to create a product with the theme and paint you want. The product itself is environment-friendly and made from high quality recycled commercial grade MDF.
The design consists of a triangular-shaped frame with two levels with the lower level for displaying records. The top-level can display a turntable and will fit most devices. It even has handcrafted side panels to prevent them from falling out and can store up to 400 records. Alternatively, this level can also be used as an additional record storage space.
- Product designer works with you to the color scheme you want
- Environment-friendly product made from commercial-grade MDF
- It can store 400 records
Record player cabinet collection
The Everett record player cabinet is a beautiful Mid Century Modern piece. It’s a small and compact unit with a lot of class and can even hold up to 75 albums. With the Everett, you can expect all your records neatly tucked away behind the cabinet door with your turntable on top.
- Made from wood with a beautiful Mid Century Modern style
- Can hold up to 75 records
- Your records are protected from outside elements such as dust
- It’s available in a larger size called the Pemberly Row record player console
The “Clifford” unit is a moderately priced and fantastic looking record player stand with storage or cabinet. It’s a mid-century modern furniture design with a dual purpose. Not only is it meant for a music collector, but it also has room for everyday items such as books and ornaments. There is space for your record collection in the sliding door area below. You can put the turntable on top.
- Made from birch veneer (brown) and scratch-resistant metal legs.
- Multi-purpose unit not only for a record collection but everyday items
- It has enough space for records, is suitable furniture for a record player and more
Nexera Pinnacle Audio Tower
The Nexera 1-door audio tower an elegant piece of furniture available in cherry and black. It’s a great contender in the lower end of the price range for the record player cabinet section (similar range as the Crosley Bardstown below). You might need to get a bit creative and remove one of the shelves to fit your vinyl collection.
- Made from MDF and particleboard
- It comes in cherry and black
- It’s small, compact, stylish and affordable
Crosley Bardstown Entertainment Turntable Cabinet
The Entertainment Cabinet is a straightforward and functional product. It’s made out of wood veneer, has a beautiful glass cabinet door, and is priced very reasonably. It comes standard with three levels of storage. The bottom tier is for displaying LPs while the top smaller section for CD storage. The top area, as with a record player cabinet, is for turntable display. The style might seem bland but will be easy to match with other furniture items in a room.
- Made from wood veneer and has a glass cabinet door
- Comes in three colors: Cherry, Paprika, and Black
- Suitable for low budgets and small record collections
Record player console collection
Simpli Home Draper Media Stand Console
Simpli Home offers a range of some of the best turntable furniture built with a modern design often matched with classic tapered legs typifying the 1950’s / 60’s retro era. This product is not explicitly designed for vinyl records. However, as a stand, it does offer many features a vinyl collector would need. It comes in 3 different sizes and classic designs, respectively, the “low,” “medium,” and “tall.” Each version has multiple holes for cables, room for a standardly sized turntable, and a vinyl collection. Shelves are adjustable and can be customized.
- Made from solid rubberwood
- 1950’s/1960’s style
- There are three variations of sizes and options
- Comes with adjustable shelves
If you don’t have the budget to buy a new product, do it yourself! If you have the skills and tools needed, or you can get a friend to help, you can build something on a low budget using reclaimed wood or second-hand items. I’ve put together a list of DIY projects here that you can use for inspiration or check out the video below.
With so many record player stands available on the market, it can be hard to find what you need and in the style you desire, that’s why there are options from under $100 up to over $1000. Remember to check product dimensions before buying. Get more tips on the home page.